Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Play next, play later feature, still broken....

I DJ and for some events i use turntables, while others I just use iTunes and the play next/play later feature. I bought a 2021 mac with Big Sur, and currently have 11.6 on my computer. I was hoping this update would fix the problem, but I see that its still not fixed. For people who have 200-300 songs in their apple library, this isn't a big deal. Currently I have 28,000 songs in my iTunes library. I cannot simply "search" or thumb through songs. I have 20-25 playlists for various genres and other types of music.

What I am finding is that I can "play next" from my Main Library of Songs, but I cannot "play next" from a playlist I have created. This was never an issue with my last computer. You could click on the playlist and right click, then just hit play next for any song no matter what playlist it was on. For my real job I do not use a computer. Other than paying a bill online, I pretty much only use this "play next" feature from iTunes PLAYLISTS, not the main library.

Does anybody know a work around for this? I mean, i can use this feature for my main song library, just not from a playlist. If I can use it for one thing, why not another. Seems like another lazy oops on the part of the developers. They should be able to just "flip a switch" when it comes to writing the software right?

Please help. I cannot keep thumbing through 28,000 songs in order to do the "play next" feature.

MacBook Air (2020 or later)

Posted on Sep 18, 2021 8:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 18, 2021 8:53 AM

Seems there might be something else going on in your library. I run 11.6, have around 30,000 tracks, and can select "play next" and "play later" from a playlist or from the library. Maybe restart your device.

Similar questions

1 reply

Play next, play later feature, still broken....

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.