Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Monterey Apple Music loss of function

Not really a question, I instead hope a programmer will see this and rectify this loss of funtionality:

With the demise of iTunes for Mac, I use Music to organize my music library. When sequentially renumbering a list of songs, in the past I was able to go to info for the first song, highlight the track number of the first song, renumber, mouse click on “>” and the next song’s info would come up with the track number already highlighted ready for input. In this way, I could keep my mouse pointer on “>,” renumber, mouse click, renumber, mouse click, etc… (never really having to look at any of the info pages after the first one). This worked in iTunes and pre-Monterey versions of Music. With the Monterey versions of Music, every time I click “>” (to go to the next song’s info) the track number is not highlighted. Now, it’s matter of moving the mouse pointer to “track,” click to highlight, renumber, move the mouse pointer to “>,”  click to the next song’s info, move the mouse pointer to “track,” click to highlight, renumber, move the mouse pointer to “>,”  click to the next song’s info, etc… It may seem trivial but renumbering has become more tedious and time consuming. BTW, other fields in info, Like “Title,” “Artist,” and “Album,” do still keep highlighted as I advance for each song.

Also, the scroll bar will sometimes "stick," not allowing me to scroll through my whole list of songs.

Mac mini, macOS 12.0

Posted on Jan 10, 2022 1:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2022 1:50 PM

As far as I know Apple's programmers don't hang out here, and even if they did they probably cannot take it on themselves to implement functional changes. Use Feedback - macOS - Apple to let Apple know about this issue.

tt2

Similar questions

3 replies

Jan 11, 2022 6:59 AM in response to emgee254

Music has been fubared since before Catalina. I run an entertainment business and wrote an app for my business that interfaces with the Music library. I use Music to organize and maintain my library and play the music through my own app. There are many issues I have found. Your's is another one that I have run into.

It seems Apple's attention towards the Music app is lessening with each new OS release in favor of the streaming service "Apple Music."

I have tried to report numerous bugs through their Feedback site, but even their website developers do not know the difference between "Apple Music" (streaming service) and Apple "Music" (macOS System Software).

I may have to write my own Music app and dump Apple's Music app entirely.

Monterey Apple Music loss of function

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.