Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Multiple issues with Music 1.2.2.40

I updated from Mojave to Monterey with a clean install, and I'm having a bunch of issues with Music for Mac. I had none of these issues for the years that I used Music/iTunes, all the way back to SoundJam.

1. List view auto-scrolls to a random position if I leave the app up after starting an album.
  2. If I make changes to an album or a single track, after the change is accepted, the app auto-scrolls to the bottom of the view. I have to scroll back to the album's position.
  3. If I'm in Songs view and sort by artist, the app can't scroll past the midpoint of my library. It just stops somewhere in the "P" section (in my case, Peter, Paul, and Mary) and the scroll handle shows it's at the bottom of the list, despite the fact that the other half of my library is still below that point.
  4. I used to be able to type three characters so that iTunes would jump to that album. That no longer happens, I have to type at least five.
  5. I always use "Songs" view, but the app always put me in "Album by artist" view, I want to be in "Album by title" view. The setting never sticks, even after quitting the app and restarting.

I'm sure I'm missing one or two other issues, and I've seen other people complain about the same things. These issues have made using Music a very frustrating experience, especially since iTunes worked flawlessly for me for many years.

Yes, I rebooted my system, yes I tried with safe boot. I'm a 32-year Mac/iOS dev, I know my way around a Mac. This is off a clean install.

Screenshot of the app not scrolling past the midway point of my library:

Posted on May 3, 2022 7:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 3, 2022 10:07 AM

Try holding down option+cmd when launching Music to open it in its safe mode. Might possibly help with the scrolling issue.

For locating content in your library try View > Show Filter Field.

tt2

Similar questions

3 replies

Multiple issues with Music 1.2.2.40

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.