Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad repair

guys im literally depressed , my new ipad air 4 i bought just when it came out broke in 2 months , cus my brother just HUGGED it , no it didnt fall nothing just by hugging it, screen cracks and black spots . I am a school student and it was my 6 years saving . i took it to the apple store and they told me they cant repair it and will give me a new one for 350 pounds . Im not from a wealthy family and 350 pounds is ALOT . it took me 6 years to save it !!! im dissappointed nd apple wouldnt budge to fix it . i dont even have money i wanna kms

Posted on Sep 18, 2021 9:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 18, 2021 9:55 AM

iPads are somewhat fragile and if your brother “hugged” the iPad too hard, stresses on the edges and back aluminium case CAN and WILL crack the screen.

Since this was an expensive purchase for you, you should have saved up enough to purchase the additional two-year+, AppleCare+ warranty plan.

With the paid AppleCare+ warranty plan a replacement device would have only cost you approx. £36, instead of £350.

ONLY paid AppleCare+ covers any and all user inflicted damages ( one major device replacement per year )

This was user inflicted damage and is NOT considered any type of manufacturing defect.

So sorry for you, but does not change any of the facts and circumstances.

Did you purchase any type of protective case for this expensive iPad?

A really good protective case could have prevented this “hugging” from severely damaging this iPad.

Again, very sorry for your unfortunate accident.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 18, 2021 9:55 AM in response to maryamtariq

iPads are somewhat fragile and if your brother “hugged” the iPad too hard, stresses on the edges and back aluminium case CAN and WILL crack the screen.

Since this was an expensive purchase for you, you should have saved up enough to purchase the additional two-year+, AppleCare+ warranty plan.

With the paid AppleCare+ warranty plan a replacement device would have only cost you approx. £36, instead of £350.

ONLY paid AppleCare+ covers any and all user inflicted damages ( one major device replacement per year )

This was user inflicted damage and is NOT considered any type of manufacturing defect.

So sorry for you, but does not change any of the facts and circumstances.

Did you purchase any type of protective case for this expensive iPad?

A really good protective case could have prevented this “hugging” from severely damaging this iPad.

Again, very sorry for your unfortunate accident.

Ipad repair

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.