Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can i mirror iphone to apple tv without wifi network

Posted on Sep 18, 2021 10:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2021 5:33 AM

• The communication between iPhone and Apple TV needs to go over a home network, so Wi-Fi is the very best solution for that.
  • One could set up a peer-to-peer AirPlay connection, but that is for offline non-DRM content only. And breaks other functionality on connectivity. Not recommended.
  • One could set up a cellular hotspot on the phone, then the Apple TV could connect to that. You cellular provider might (will) object to such use, especially for extended use. See their terms and conditions, as well as data limits (even “unlimited” plans will have limits).
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 19, 2021 5:33 AM in response to gr8tbald1

• The communication between iPhone and Apple TV needs to go over a home network, so Wi-Fi is the very best solution for that.
  • One could set up a peer-to-peer AirPlay connection, but that is for offline non-DRM content only. And breaks other functionality on connectivity. Not recommended.
  • One could set up a cellular hotspot on the phone, then the Apple TV could connect to that. You cellular provider might (will) object to such use, especially for extended use. See their terms and conditions, as well as data limits (even “unlimited” plans will have limits).

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.