Related Article: Apple security releases

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New update issue ! Help

I’m trying to download the new update while connected to the internet, but it keeps telling me I can’t because I’m no longer connected to the internet. I restarted my phone, tried everything. I am unable to update!

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 18, 2021 7:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 18, 2021 8:48 PM

Hello. It looks like you are running into problems because your internet connection is dropping during the iOS update verification process. This may be the result of an unstable internet or WiFi connection. If you haven't already, please select "Retry."

If the issue continues after clicking "Retry," please delete the update and download it again. You can do this by following the steps below.

• Navigate to Settings > General > iPhone Storage.
  • There will be a list displaying your apps and data. Find the iPhone update and delete it.
  • Navigate to Settings > General > Software Update and download the update again.
  • Try to install the update again after it downloads.

If this issue continues after downloading the iOS update again, the fastest way to update your iPhone may be to connect it to your PC or Mac computer and update it this way.

If you are running macOS Catalina or later, click here for instructions.

If you are running macOS Mojave or older, or Windows, click here for instructions.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 18, 2021 8:48 PM in response to AMIRSUBLABAN

Hello. It looks like you are running into problems because your internet connection is dropping during the iOS update verification process. This may be the result of an unstable internet or WiFi connection. If you haven't already, please select "Retry."

If the issue continues after clicking "Retry," please delete the update and download it again. You can do this by following the steps below.

• Navigate to Settings > General > iPhone Storage.
  • There will be a list displaying your apps and data. Find the iPhone update and delete it.
  • Navigate to Settings > General > Software Update and download the update again.
  • Try to install the update again after it downloads.

If this issue continues after downloading the iOS update again, the fastest way to update your iPhone may be to connect it to your PC or Mac computer and update it this way.

If you are running macOS Catalina or later, click here for instructions.

If you are running macOS Mojave or older, or Windows, click here for instructions.

Sep 18, 2021 9:00 PM in response to AMIRSUBLABAN

AMIRSUBLABAN Said:

"New update issue ! Help: I’m trying to download the new update while connected to the internet, but it keeps telling me I can’t because I’m no longer connected to the internet. I restarted my phone, tried everything. I am unable to update!"

-------

Use Ethernet:

If you use a computer to update, consider using Ethernet, if WiFi is of no success. For a Mac (or PC) that does not have Ethernet, this would be the adapter to use: Belkin USB-C to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter - Apple

New update issue ! Help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.