Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari tabs keep crashing or not loading after Big Sur 11.6 update

Since the most recent update to v11.6 Big Sur, Safari 14.1.2 is no longer able to open many websites I tend to visit. Pages cause the tab to crash (and generate a crash report), or it just fails to load with an error and the option to reload the page (which doesn't work). I've tried opening a Private Window, disabling all extensions, clearing the History, and removing Website Data on the Privacy tab of Preferences, but nothing has solved the problem.

Even common websites are having trouble loading most of the time, initially loading but then refreshing with the error This webpage was reloaded because a problem occurred and then refreshing a third time with nothing but the error message

Some websites aren't crashing my Safari tabs

[Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Sep 18, 2021 10:18 PM

Similar questions

15 replies

Sep 19, 2021 10:15 AM in response to Blastphemy

Well, since the moderator removed all the specific (and innocuous!) example links that crashed Safari, this post is now useless to everyone.

CNN Style and Rolling Stone are two websites that don't work in Safari since 11.6, but Disney and LA TImes are two that still do. Hopefully that's enough information for people to track down this problem.

Safari tabs keep crashing or not loading after Big Sur 11.6 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.