Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fresh Big Sur installation stuck on “Less than a minute remaining” for hours

Full fresh installation overnight (8.25 hours),

boot up this morning and after loading for 30 min it gets stuck on “Less than a minute remaining” indefinitely.

Power off —> power on = same process.

Killing me 🥵 have work to do.

plz help

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Sep 19, 2021 2:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2021 4:05 AM

Start up your Mac in safe mode This may or may not allow the update process to complete

3 replies

Sep 19, 2021 11:49 AM in response to Gswenno

I have some additional thoughts to share. I suspect that the installation file has gotten corrupted during the download process and therefore will not complete the installation. I would drag the installation file to the Trash and empty it. Then do another download. Often times doing the download via Wi-Fi does not work. These are very large files and Wi-Fi is just too slow for them. I suggest that you connect to your modem with an Ethernet cable for the download. The download should take an hour or so, more or less and then another 45 minutes or so is required for the installation with several automatic restarts. The time remaining notices are very inaccurate, so don't take them literally. If you are unable to do a direct connection, then it may take several lengthy downloads to get a clean one that will install. Good luck.

Fresh Big Sur installation stuck on “Less than a minute remaining” for hours

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.