Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I remove one device on the iCloud without losing data from iCloud

How do I remove one device on the iCloud without losing data from iCloud. I have an apple phone, mac, but what i wanna do is remove the connection between my notebook and the iCloud, but i do not want to lose any data on the cloud, what is the process

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 19, 2021 7:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2021 9:30 AM

Sign out of iCloud

If you're using macOS Catalina or later, choose Apple menu  > System Preferences, then click Apple ID. Select Overview in the sidebar, then click Sign Out.

If you're using macOS Mojave or earlier, choose Apple menu  > System Preferences, click iCloud, then click Sign Out.

You will be asked whether to keep a copy of your iCloud data on this Mac. You can click Keep a Copy, because you're erasing your Mac later. Your iCloud data remains in iCloud and on any other devices that are signed in to iCloud with your Apple ID.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 19, 2021 9:30 AM in response to mahria193

Sign out of iCloud

If you're using macOS Catalina or later, choose Apple menu  > System Preferences, then click Apple ID. Select Overview in the sidebar, then click Sign Out.

If you're using macOS Mojave or earlier, choose Apple menu  > System Preferences, click iCloud, then click Sign Out.

You will be asked whether to keep a copy of your iCloud data on this Mac. You can click Keep a Copy, because you're erasing your Mac later. Your iCloud data remains in iCloud and on any other devices that are signed in to iCloud with your Apple ID.

How do I remove one device on the iCloud without losing data from iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.