Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 12 mimi battery health level at 87% after 9 months of usage, normal?

iPhone 12 mini brought since September and battery health level already at 87%..... this is pretty bad given i use it in a pretty gently way.

Should I should get it checked? Given iPhone 12 mini battery was never good to begin with hence a 80% battery makes my life even worse.

Thanks man

iPhone 12 mini

Posted on Sep 19, 2021 8:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2021 9:11 AM

A 1 - 2% drop in Battery Health is considered normal. Once Battery Health goes down to 80% or less, it will be time to pay for a new battery.

There are things you should do to maximize battery performance.

1. Never let your battery fully deplete
  2. Don't let the battery go below 20%
  3. Make sure in Settings > Battery > Battery Health you have Optimized Battery Charging turned on
  4. Plug your phone into charge when you go to bed at night and leave it plugged all night long, every night
  5. Read this link --> Batteries - Maximizing Performance - Apple
5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 19, 2021 9:11 AM in response to cc177

A 1 - 2% drop in Battery Health is considered normal. Once Battery Health goes down to 80% or less, it will be time to pay for a new battery.

There are things you should do to maximize battery performance.

1. Never let your battery fully deplete
  2. Don't let the battery go below 20%
  3. Make sure in Settings > Battery > Battery Health you have Optimized Battery Charging turned on
  4. Plug your phone into charge when you go to bed at night and leave it plugged all night long, every night
  5. Read this link --> Batteries - Maximizing Performance - Apple

iPhone 12 mimi battery health level at 87% after 9 months of usage, normal?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.