Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an iPhone 13 coming. My current iPhone X's lithium battery is expanding. This is a May 2020 replacement for an iPhone X that did this, too. I also had this with an iPhone 6Plus Jan. 2017. How do you charge your phone?

I have an iPhone 13 coming. My current iPhone X's lithium battery is expanding. This is a May 2020 replacement for a prior iPhone X that did this, too. I also had this with an iPhone 6Plus Jan. 2017. How do you charge your iPhone? I place it on the charger base evenings. Maybe I also do during the day if I have used it. I also plug it in to my Acura if I want Apple CarPlay. Is this creating a problem?

Posted on Sep 19, 2021 12:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 19, 2021 12:03 PM

If you see the battery is expanding, you need to stop using the phone immediately. Batteries which swell, can explode.

Do you have a access to any other cell phone you can use until your new phone arrives?

3 replies

I have an iPhone 13 coming. My current iPhone X's lithium battery is expanding. This is a May 2020 replacement for an iPhone X that did this, too. I also had this with an iPhone 6Plus Jan. 2017. How do you charge your phone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.