Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Problem connecting to server" on one computer, not the other

Two computers; one connects fine, the other gives me the "Problem connecting to server" dialogue.

The server in question is the Time Machine volume on a Western Digital MyCloud NAS. One is supposed to connect as Guest. The server appears in the Finder sidebar under "Locations" on both computers; but when I click "Connect as..." on one, I get a connection dialogue, whereas on the other, I get the error dialogue.

I thought I might have a corrupt Keychain, so I deleted all password records relating to this server. No change.

For the life of me, I can't figure out what the difference is between the two computers. They are both Big Sur. Different usernames, but why should that matter, since I'm logging in as Guest? Any suggestions would be appreciated!

MacBook Pro

Posted on Sep 19, 2021 2:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2021 3:07 AM

I found the problem. When I started checking third-party extensions, I ran across Intego NetBarrier. I disabled that, and everything started working. I have the Intego package on both my computers, so I still don't understand the difference between the two, but I can live with that.

Similar questions

2 replies

"Problem connecting to server" on one computer, not the other

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.