Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ventura and Time Machine

I am having problems with Ventura and Time Machine. I recently set up a home NAS systems and used Time Machine for my back-ups. On my MacBook Pro 14" running Ventura 13.1, it would not connect to the NAS. It looks for the NAS for several minutes then gives a 'red exclamation mark" and 'waiting for first..." On 3 other Macs I have, all were successful in connecting to the NAS and completing the Time Machine back-up. These older Macs are running the latest OS possible. TM and my NAS worked on High Sierra (10.13.6), Yosemite (10.10.5), and Catalina (10.15.7). I have reached out to the NAS company and am awaiting a response. However, I had the same problem with connecting directly (USB) to a hard drive for three attempts. Each time, I received the same message as I had using my NAS -- a warning exclamation point and the message "waiting first download". However, on going into TM, there were three backups. Currently awaiting the fourth attempt.

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 13.1

Posted on Feb 17, 2023 8:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2023 8:35 AM

Make sure your NAS meets these requirements: Backup disks you can use with Time Machine - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply

Ventura and Time Machine

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.