Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Search for a stolen phone

My iPhone 6s was stolen by someone guys on 2nd august 2021 at 9pm, they used my sim to hack into my bank account and cleared my money and they sent forgot password to apple and a code was sent to them, changed my iCloud number and it seems they’re using the phone…. Is there a way the phone can be permanently locked?

iPhone 6s, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 20, 2021 7:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2021 8:02 AM

Since they are able to do this I assume you had neither a passcode nor 'Find My iPhone' enabled? The latter would, if enabled on the phone before it was stolen, possibly be able to locate it provided it was on and able to connect to a network (If you were able to locate it you should not attempt to retrieve it yourself - that could be very dangerous.

If 'Find My iPhone' is in fact enabled you would be able to lock it yourself but from your question I assume this is not possible.

Your service provider (not Apple) may be able to permanently brick the phone. You should also discuss things with your bank.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 20, 2021 8:02 AM in response to opeyemi1989

Since they are able to do this I assume you had neither a passcode nor 'Find My iPhone' enabled? The latter would, if enabled on the phone before it was stolen, possibly be able to locate it provided it was on and able to connect to a network (If you were able to locate it you should not attempt to retrieve it yourself - that could be very dangerous.

If 'Find My iPhone' is in fact enabled you would be able to lock it yourself but from your question I assume this is not possible.

Your service provider (not Apple) may be able to permanently brick the phone. You should also discuss things with your bank.

Search for a stolen phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.