Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I retrieve any data from dead MacBook Pro?

I have a MacBookPro 17” - it’s non functioning, completely dead.

I purchased a new MacBookAir to replace it. How can I retrieve any data from the MacBook Pro to the new MacBookAir?

Can I transfer the data from my iPad?

how do I completely delete everything from the MacBookPro?

thank you!

[Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Sep 20, 2021 10:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2021 9:46 AM

You will need to open up the MBP and remove the drive. You then need an appropriate case to plug it into, assuming the drive is not also dead. Contact OWC as they have a variety of devices and are Mac experts to help with your options.

Transferring data from the iPad should just a simple matter of syncing it to the new Mac with appropriate cables and or adapters.

If you remove the drive, you have deleted everything from the MBP. And if the drive is dead along with the rest of the computer, the data is gone anyway.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 21, 2021 9:46 AM in response to doxie69

You will need to open up the MBP and remove the drive. You then need an appropriate case to plug it into, assuming the drive is not also dead. Contact OWC as they have a variety of devices and are Mac experts to help with your options.

Transferring data from the iPad should just a simple matter of syncing it to the new Mac with appropriate cables and or adapters.

If you remove the drive, you have deleted everything from the MBP. And if the drive is dead along with the rest of the computer, the data is gone anyway.

How can I retrieve any data from dead MacBook Pro?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.