Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I access data saved on iCloud from a dead Mac and download it to a new Mac?

Recently my laptop had a complete power failure. Can I access its data saved on the iCloud and download it to a new MacBook?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jul 30, 2022 4:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2022 4:43 PM

You can sync any data from iCloud that you had synced with iCloud on the old Mac by turning on the same sync options in the new Mac.

You can view what data was synced by using an internet browser and logging into www.icloud.com

Data that can be synced includes iCloud Photos, iCloud Drive, iCloud Contacts, iCloud Notes, etc. The sync options are at Apple menu > System Preferences > Apple ID > iCloud.

Also see: Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

and

Set up iCloud Drive - Apple Support

and

Set up and use iCloud Contacts - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 30, 2022 4:43 PM in response to kimberlyfromlompoc

You can sync any data from iCloud that you had synced with iCloud on the old Mac by turning on the same sync options in the new Mac.

You can view what data was synced by using an internet browser and logging into www.icloud.com

Data that can be synced includes iCloud Photos, iCloud Drive, iCloud Contacts, iCloud Notes, etc. The sync options are at Apple menu > System Preferences > Apple ID > iCloud.

Also see: Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

and

Set up iCloud Drive - Apple Support

and

Set up and use iCloud Contacts - Apple Support

Can I access data saved on iCloud from a dead Mac and download it to a new Mac?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.