Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After iOS 15 update I get” iPhone storage almost full” message in settings, but can’t do anything with it

Posted on Sep 20, 2021 1:01 PM

13 replies

Sep 20, 2021 3:00 PM in response to Jez Lennard

Same problem here, with 24GB free. Support was very friendly, but no idea how to fix it. They first asked where I got this release, because they “haven’t even released iOS 15 yet” and this must be a beta version. I corrected him and told him that Apple indeed released iOS 15 today. They said restoring from backup “might” help. I said I’ll wait for iOS 15.0.1 tomorrow.

Sep 21, 2021 11:42 AM in response to frazzm737

frazzm737 wrote:

I just read that this is definitely a bug. The only way to correct it is to revert to a back-up or wait for an update to fix it. The article said that this bug was present in the beta, so we don't know why it wasn't corrected. Some of us didn't get the bug, I was spared. Hopefully it will be fixed soon! Be patient!

I can confirm that. I updated to the public version of iOS 15 on my iPad Air 2 (which was running the beta) yesterday and it still shows the storage almost full message. At one point it showed zero total storage on the device which is obviously wrong. Updating my iPad Air 3 did not result in having this bug.

Sep 22, 2021 12:18 AM in response to Demo

On the positive side, following the error 14 failures of iPhones that get rammed full, if there is a new "almost full" indicator it is a step in the right direction. Just need to get it to trigger at the correct level, like 90% or something.

Not a problem I saw reported during testing. The serious bad under reporting was fixed before release.

After iOS 15 update I get” iPhone storage almost full” message in settings, but can’t do anything with it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.