Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages suddenly won't open in Mojave 10.14.6

I've been using Pages frequently; suddenly it won't open any documents on my iMac 2012 running Mojave 10.14.6, nor can I create a new document. I have other computers using Mojave 10.14.6 without problems. Tried to download from my purchased apps in the App Store, but it shows a version from 2014. The newest Pages in the App Store can't be used with 10.14.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Sep 20, 2021 6:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2021 7:01 AM

Pages v8.2 - 10.1 is the version range supported on Mojave. Anything older may not work, and you will need Catalina or later as the operating system criterion for Pages v11.1 (presently) from the Mac App Store.

If your Late-2012 iMac has an older version of Pages than the above range, and your other Mojave Macs have a version in the above range and using the same Apple ID, consider using sneaker-net to transport Pages from one of your other Mojave Macs onto this iMac.

Apple does not provide full installers of past Pages versions, so if the second paragraph does not resolve the current issue on that iMac, then consider using Pages for iCloud as an alternative.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 21, 2021 7:01 AM in response to we04ndy

Pages v8.2 - 10.1 is the version range supported on Mojave. Anything older may not work, and you will need Catalina or later as the operating system criterion for Pages v11.1 (presently) from the Mac App Store.

If your Late-2012 iMac has an older version of Pages than the above range, and your other Mojave Macs have a version in the above range and using the same Apple ID, consider using sneaker-net to transport Pages from one of your other Mojave Macs onto this iMac.

Apple does not provide full installers of past Pages versions, so if the second paragraph does not resolve the current issue on that iMac, then consider using Pages for iCloud as an alternative.

Pages suddenly won't open in Mojave 10.14.6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.