Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 15 Update boot loop

iPhone 12 Mini stuck in boot loop.

Did hard restart, and before you ask, yes, many attempts.

Here is my issue/question: Why after more than ample time has Apple not made a recovery tool that one can use from their iPad to fix/reset a boot loop phone vice having to use iTunes w/PC or Mac?

I have 2 devices these days: iPhone, and iPad, which leaves me with the only option left of going in to an Apple Store to fix this issue.

Macs and PCs are for work… I don’t want them in my personal time when iPad and/or iPhone will work (mostly) for my needs.

A firmware reboot should be able to be done via iCloud access, with appropriate cable tethered to the effed up brick…. errrrr iPhone to fix… why am I still slaved to a stupid PC or Mac, or going in to an Apple Store to have this repaired? By now, the to tether through my iPad to repair an iPhone firmware/update issue should be an option.

Honestly, I love the products, but, this is ridiculous at this point in our current state of tech.

iTunes for repair? Really? I’d just as soon smash it with a hammer as have a PC or Mac at home in order to struggle through the antiquated iTunes interface just to fix these issues…

All I need is my iPad and iPhone… all I need you to do Apple is make my iPad and/or iPhone able to do the interface for either device instead of needing a Mac or PC… and iTunes should be sent to the glue factory.

Be better Apple…

iPhone 12 mini, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 20, 2021 10:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2021 10:14 PM

seanElaugh Said:

"iOS 15 Update boot loop: iPhone 12 Mini stuck in boot loop. Did hard restart, and before you ask, yes, many attempts.[...]"

-------

Perform as Instructed here: How to Fix an iPhone in a Boot Loop - User Tip

Similar questions

5 replies

Sep 20, 2021 10:12 PM in response to seanElaugh

i updated my iPhone xr to the new ios15 two hours after I updated it I was on a facetime call with someone, the screen went blank and I could not hang up the call at all. I tried facetiming them and the screen was still blank. now I cant turn off my phone at all nor open any apps plus my pc cant even take my iPhone because it is saying that my iPhone cant trust my pc even though it has been trusted before. Siri also cant open any apps at all. I agree with you! now I am waiting for my phone to die and im stuck using my old iPhone 7 for now.

Sep 21, 2021 10:40 AM in response to seanElaugh

I have this issue as well on my regular iPad. It is rebooting over and over. A hard reset does not fix it. I have tried to attach to my PC and iTunes, but this always fails because of the reboots. I cannot restore the software, remove bad apps or do any of the other suggested things because of the constant looping reboots. Once I enter my passcode, the reboots start again.

Sep 21, 2021 1:38 PM in response to TheLittles

After getting stuck in the iOS 15 verifying software loop, stopping the update sequence as described in the link worked on my iPhone 12 mini (vol up, vol down, hold on/off button). When it turned back on, it displayed the image of a computer and said to go to apple for restore instructions. I just reconnected to my computer with a fresh installation of iTunes (which I had updated just before anyway after getting the error 4000 earlier). I selected update rather than restore and it took 20 minutes or so to go through the whole thing.

Thankfully my internet speed is close to 1 Gbps, so it took 3 minutes to download the 6+ GB file for a third time. It is possible that McAfee resumed the firewall and interfered with my update earlier when it came back on. I turned it off for an hour this time to be sure.

I was grateful to find the instructions from "TheLittes" to reset everything. iOS 15 is now working.

iOS 15 Update boot loop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.