Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do dead pixels worsen overtime?

My unit is a brand new iPad Pro 11 inch 2021 model, it’s been out of the box for just three days, not mishandled in anyway such as falls or getting sat on. I noticed a small dot while I was cleaning my screen, it wasn’t dirt, and upon closer look it does look like a dead pixel. It left me wondering if a dead pixel on a brand new iPad is a prevalent issue, and more importantly, does it worsen overtime?

photos were taken on my iPhone, the green discolouration is as it appears on the camera, but is not present on the iPad.

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi

Posted on Sep 20, 2021 11:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2021 3:50 AM

If purchased directly from Apple, either from a physical or online store, you have a 14-day period within which you may unconditionally return a device for exchange or refund.

If you have any concerns at all, you would be well advised to make use of this opportunity whilst it remains available - as upon expiry of 14-days, you will be within the realm of seeking redress for faults or defects using your warranty. Apple’s limited warranty reserves the right to warrant-exchange for a reconditioned device - not a new device. If exchanged within the initial 14-days return period, you will receive an unused/boxed item.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 21, 2021 3:50 AM in response to Hadrael

If purchased directly from Apple, either from a physical or online store, you have a 14-day period within which you may unconditionally return a device for exchange or refund.

If you have any concerns at all, you would be well advised to make use of this opportunity whilst it remains available - as upon expiry of 14-days, you will be within the realm of seeking redress for faults or defects using your warranty. Apple’s limited warranty reserves the right to warrant-exchange for a reconditioned device - not a new device. If exchanged within the initial 14-days return period, you will receive an unused/boxed item.

Sep 21, 2021 3:28 AM in response to Axel Foley

It’s actually really small, hardly noticeable, I only noticed when I was using Pages and was cleaning my screen at the same time. It easily goes out of sight and therefore out of mind. My only concern is if it spreads and what could cause it. Anyways, I plan to make use of my warranty when it nears its expiration. As it is now, it may be too small for Apple staff to say that it is covered by the warranty.

Sep 21, 2021 10:37 AM in response to Hadrael

You can return your iPad for any reason within the first 14 days of purchase. I recommend that you do it and get a new iPad. If you do this after the first 14 days then you will not get a new iPad but maybe a refurbished one OR a repair will be conducted on the current one.

It is entirely up to you however I take display defects seriously and especially when the item is brand new. In the end, it is your decision.

Axel F.

Do dead pixels worsen overtime?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.