Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Software Updating problems

I am not be able to download my iPad mini 5th generation into IOS 15 with the help of my mobile hotspot (my only source for internet) because I have updated v 14.8 using the same source but now it’s not responding plz help

Posted on Sep 21, 2021 1:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2021 1:30 AM

A system software update can only be performed using a WiFi connection - or for compatible devices, over a 5G Cellular network; update is otherwise not possible over a Cellular connection or Cellular hotspot.

These support pages outline both the available methods by which the update can be performed - and troubleshooting should you experience difficulties:

Update your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support

If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support

If your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch won’t update - Apple Support

iOS update and restore errors – Apple Support

An alternative to updating your iPad from settings is to use a PC or Mac computer. If you don’t have access to a suitable computer of your own, that of a helpful friend or family member will suffice. Alternatively, the technicians at the Genius Bar of your local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP) will be delighted to assist.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 21, 2021 1:30 AM in response to shikhar240

A system software update can only be performed using a WiFi connection - or for compatible devices, over a 5G Cellular network; update is otherwise not possible over a Cellular connection or Cellular hotspot.

These support pages outline both the available methods by which the update can be performed - and troubleshooting should you experience difficulties:

Update your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support

If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch – Apple Support

If your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch won’t update - Apple Support

iOS update and restore errors – Apple Support

An alternative to updating your iPad from settings is to use a PC or Mac computer. If you don’t have access to a suitable computer of your own, that of a helpful friend or family member will suffice. Alternatively, the technicians at the Genius Bar of your local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP) will be delighted to assist.

Software Updating problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.