Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail syncing between imac and iphone

If I open an email on my iMac before it arrives in my iPhone inbox it fails to appear at all on my iphone. Is there a way to make sure the email shows on both devices without waiting to check the phone before answering the email? Both imac and phone are using the same wifi connection but the phone does not register the emails arrival at the same time as the imac.

iPhone 12

Posted on Sep 21, 2021 2:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2021 12:01 PM

John,

Thank you for clarifying. Switching to IMAP may help in this situation.

We found this Google article which may help: Check Gmail through other email platforms

Specifically the section titled "Step 1: Check that IMAP is turned on."

Let us know if the issue persists.

Cheers!

7 replies

Sep 22, 2021 5:25 AM in response to John Barrow

Hello John,

It sounds like your email don't show up on your iPhone if you open it on your iMac. We understand how concerning this is and we are here to help.

This article may help: If you can't receive email on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If the issue persists, can you provide a few more details? Are you using a POP or IMAP email account? Does this happen with multiple accounts? Also, which email are you using?

Cheers!

Sep 22, 2021 9:58 AM in response to karina184

Thanks for your response. I checked out the link and my email accounts ( all Imac) seem to conform the the standard. I do not have a problem in general receiving emails on the phone but there is a small delay between them being notified on the Mac then on the phone. If I open the email on the mac first then the email does not appear at all on the phone. it seems that the act of opening the email prevents it getting to my phone If I notice this has happened and I usually forward it to a second email address on the phone. Surely this is not how emails are supposed to work?

Mail syncing between imac and iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.