Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Did iOS 15 break email integration?

I used to be able to ask Siri to send an email, to myself as a reminder or to others. Since the update to iOS 15 all Siri says is "Sorry, I can't do that"

Posted on Sep 21, 2021 6:28 AM

4 replies

Sep 23, 2021 9:55 PM in response to Thor16

For sending a mail for reminders to myself I've made up this workarund.

I use Whatsapp as messaging app and composed a Whatsapp group with myself as the only member. Instead of sending an email to myself, I now ask Siri to send a Whatsappp message to this group.

It is not ideal, it is not a workaround I'm happy about, but until sending mail with Siri is working again I have no alternative.

Oct 13, 2021 4:13 AM in response to wim121

Yes - thanks, I had noticed the same. I had actually opened a support case with Apple over this. It took a while and in the meantime MacRumours reported on an iOS bug related to this (https://www.macrumors.com/2021/09/29/siri-changes-features-removed/). As it turns out, it wasn't a bug in 15 as, after polling all of my friends, the problem also appeared on iOS 14.7.1 and 14.8. The support person had finally confirmed that Apple had removed these capabilities but, I guess due to the "feedback", was bringing them back. Then 3 days later the update to iOS dropped and fixed it.

Did iOS 15 break email integration?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.