Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Since iOS 15 maps

I no longer have the option of hearing voice on turn by turn directions in maps if Bluetooth is enabled. I used to be able to have directions come through phone speaker. Not anymore so I either have to turn off Bluetooth (grrrr so no phone calls) or no voice directions. Apparently the changes made for car play messed that up. Ugh. Anyone know of a fix for this? Might have to use google maps going forward.

Posted on Sep 21, 2021 7:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2021 8:16 AM

Hello Julis1957.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We understand that turn-by-turn directions in your car with Maps no longer works since updating the iOS. We will be glad to assist.

Let's start by closing Maps on your iPhone and restarting to see if that helps.

Close an app on your iPhone or iPod touch

Restart your iPhone

Additionally, remove and reconnect your iPhone with your car.

To unpair a Bluetooth accessory, tap Settings > Bluetooth, find the device you want to unpair, and tap the info button  , then Forget this Device. This will remove the accessory from the list of available Bluetooth devices.

To add the Bluetooth accessory to your device again, place it back in discovery mode and repeat the steps above to pair it.

How to connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your car 

If you need more help, Contact Apple for support and service

Cheers.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 22, 2021 8:16 AM in response to Julis1957

Hello Julis1957.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We understand that turn-by-turn directions in your car with Maps no longer works since updating the iOS. We will be glad to assist.

Let's start by closing Maps on your iPhone and restarting to see if that helps.

Close an app on your iPhone or iPod touch

Restart your iPhone

Additionally, remove and reconnect your iPhone with your car.

To unpair a Bluetooth accessory, tap Settings > Bluetooth, find the device you want to unpair, and tap the info button  , then Forget this Device. This will remove the accessory from the list of available Bluetooth devices.

To add the Bluetooth accessory to your device again, place it back in discovery mode and repeat the steps above to pair it.

How to connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your car 

If you need more help, Contact Apple for support and service

Cheers.

Sep 22, 2021 6:32 PM in response to jdo_apple

I no longer have the option of hearing voice on turn by turn directions in maps if Bluetooth is enabled. I used to be able to have directions come through phone speaker. Not anymore so I either have to turn off Bluetooth (grrrr so no phone calls) or no voice directions. Apparently the changes made for car play messed that up. Ugh. Anyone know of a fix for this? Might have to use google maps going forward.

Received reply but suggestions didn’t help.

No, this did not help. The issue is there is no longer a tab to click on audio to choose where the directions come through. Before the update we could choose the iPhone speaker or vehicle speaker. Grrr.

Since iOS 15 maps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.