Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Maps makes a call to my iPhone every time it provides audible directions

Help!! My iPhone 13 with the latest software started acting up when using Maps. Every time it gives an audible direction it triggers a call to my phone when using the app through the car speaker system via blue tooth. The car system is Ford iSync. . It then ends the call after the audible direction. Doesn't happen when I mute the audible feature or when I switch to Google Maps with audible turned on. Can't find any setting on the phone that would cause this to happen? Thoughts anyone??

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Nov 6, 2022 9:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 6, 2022 9:33 AM

If you don't have the head unit tuned to the bluetooth audio source, that's the only way it can get the audio to the speakers in your car.

It is not actually making a call, it's just triggering the head unit to play the audio as if it were a call.

2 replies

Apple Maps makes a call to my iPhone every time it provides audible directions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.