Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Black edge around screen

Did anyone notice that since the iOS update the screen of you phone got “smaller”?

I have an iPhone 11 and I did the iOS 15 update just now. When checking my phone after the update I see that my screen became smaller and that there is a black edge around my screen. If I lock and unlock my phone I can clearly see that pixels of my screen remain unused.

Everything in the menu because shorter which makes it more nice and static but the smaller screen is terrible.

is it a setting or is it because the software is made for the newer iPhones?

can anyone verify?

iPhone 11, iOS 15

Posted on Sep 21, 2021 9:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2021 6:50 AM

I received a iPhone 13 Max this week. Very nice upgrade to a 7 Plus. Today my Speck screen arrived, I squeezed the phone in, and suddenly I have a black frame around my entire screen and a large black rectangle at the top of the screen. I searched and all solutions suggest turning off everything in accessibility, i.e. speech, zoom, voice over, etc. Did all of that, still have this ugly frame and black box around what was before a beautiful large to the edge screen. How do I correct this?

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 1, 2021 6:50 AM in response to Kennyvdb

I received a iPhone 13 Max this week. Very nice upgrade to a 7 Plus. Today my Speck screen arrived, I squeezed the phone in, and suddenly I have a black frame around my entire screen and a large black rectangle at the top of the screen. I searched and all solutions suggest turning off everything in accessibility, i.e. speech, zoom, voice over, etc. Did all of that, still have this ugly frame and black box around what was before a beautiful large to the edge screen. How do I correct this?

Black edge around screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.