Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I was trying to sell my iphone and got scammed. A user asked to check if they can login using their id and password and I allowed them. And now they blocked me out of my telephone and asking ransom money. How to deal with this ?

I tried to sell my iphone online and one user asked if he can login using his apple id password. I unfortunately allowed them, and now they blocked me out of my telephone and demanding a ransom . What should I do to get it back?

I belong in kyiv, Ukraine

Posted on Sep 21, 2021 9:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2021 9:51 AM

You can see if Apple’s account security can help→Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support

2 replies

Sep 21, 2021 9:53 AM in response to Helpfromscam

Yes, you had been scammed. Too late now, but NEVER log out of your Apple ID, and then, let someone else log in with theirs. This removed activation lock (Apple's anti-theft measure) from the phone, and they now "own" it.

I strongly suggest that you contact your local law enforcement agency as this is a crime and let them assist you with getting your phone back ... but, even if you do, and they don't remove their Apple ID from it, it will be useless to you. No one here, nor Apple can help you with this matter.

I was trying to sell my iphone and got scammed. A user asked to check if they can login using their id and password and I allowed them. And now they blocked me out of my telephone and asking ransom money. How to deal with this ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.