Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 12 and credit cards

Hi, I normally have the habit of carrying my credit cards in my wallet. However, some times I leave the phone next to my wallet and sometimes its in very close proximity of my cards. I rarely use my cards so I don't know if they can be damaged by the magnets in the iPhone 12.

Any help re my question will be appreciated.

iPhone 12, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 21, 2021 11:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2021 10:15 AM

Hello khajotia,

We see that you have some concerns about keeping your cards near your device. We'd be happy to help!

Keeping your cards near your device shouldn't cause any damage, but it's recommended that you don't ever have your card between your iPhone and a MagSafe charger while charging as that may cause damage.

You can find more info about that in the "Learn more" section of this article: How to use your MagSafe Charger with iPhone 12 models

Take care!

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 22, 2021 10:15 AM in response to khajotia

Hello khajotia,

We see that you have some concerns about keeping your cards near your device. We'd be happy to help!

Keeping your cards near your device shouldn't cause any damage, but it's recommended that you don't ever have your card between your iPhone and a MagSafe charger while charging as that may cause damage.

You can find more info about that in the "Learn more" section of this article: How to use your MagSafe Charger with iPhone 12 models

Take care!

iPhone 12 and credit cards

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.