Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I control the alternating colors in a numbers sheet?

When you open numbers and select a table style, the templates have alternating row colors like blue, light blue, blue …. How do I make my own sheets with alternating row colors, where both rows have a different shade? I know I can go under format and check alternating rows, but that doesn't allow me to control the color of the other rows. Thanks for your suggestions/advice!

Posted on Sep 21, 2021 2:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2021 6:46 AM

Hi xi545,

Try this before you enter any data.

Colour the first two rows manually (not with the "Alternating Row Colour" feature).

Select the cells in the first two rows and hover the cursor over the bottom of the selection to see the yellow dot (Fill Handle).

Drag the Fill Handle down

The Fill Handle will also fill down any data, so try this with a new document and Save as Template for future use.

Regards,

Ian.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 22, 2021 6:46 AM in response to xi545

Hi xi545,

Try this before you enter any data.

Colour the first two rows manually (not with the "Alternating Row Colour" feature).

Select the cells in the first two rows and hover the cursor over the bottom of the selection to see the yellow dot (Fill Handle).

Drag the Fill Handle down

The Fill Handle will also fill down any data, so try this with a new document and Save as Template for future use.

Regards,

Ian.

How do I control the alternating colors in a numbers sheet?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.