Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is iPadOS Storage

I recently upgraded my iPad to iPadOS 15. Now I'm seeing a strange thing in iPad Storage. There's a storage called iPadOS and seemed to be taking over my storage space. Now I also saw the Software Update. It is called Software Update, not iPadOS 15.0. I delete it but still showed up.

iPad Air 2, iPadOS 15

Posted on Sep 21, 2021 4:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2021 5:41 PM

No, iPadOS is the space taken up by the iPad’s operating system. It was referred to as “system” in previous iPadOS versions.

The Software Update item you circle in your first screen shot is technically unrelated to that. That is the left over installer for the iPadOS 15 update. You should be able to delete it by tapping on it and then on Delete, though its not taking up much space.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 21, 2021 5:41 PM in response to Calvin_BT

No, iPadOS is the space taken up by the iPad’s operating system. It was referred to as “system” in previous iPadOS versions.

The Software Update item you circle in your first screen shot is technically unrelated to that. That is the left over installer for the iPadOS 15 update. You should be able to delete it by tapping on it and then on Delete, though its not taking up much space.

What is iPadOS Storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.