Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple tv audio sync

Does anyone know why the only option on the Apple TV 4K Default Audio Output option is "TV Speakers" in TvOS15 ? (It was worked before) I cant select the airplay as default, so now the audio sync setting is not working at all, because when I try to sync the audio ( for the lip sync ) the sound always comong from the “HDMI”and not from the airplay.

Posted on Sep 21, 2021 4:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2021 9:35 PM

Wireless speakers were never a ‘default’ option (unless HomePods 2018).

Default Audio Output is now for audio-over-HDMI (“TV Speakers”*), or HomePods, or HomePod Minis.

You can now connect wireless speakers (bluetooth or AirPlay) in two ways. Once connected, you can do the Wireless Audio Sync procedure, if needed.

1. Connect in Settings﹥Video and Audio﹥Audio Output﹥ᴛᴇᴍᴘᴏʀᴀʀʏ…
  2. Connect in Control Center﹥Audio Controls
9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 21, 2021 9:35 PM in response to csabafrom

Wireless speakers were never a ‘default’ option (unless HomePods 2018).

Default Audio Output is now for audio-over-HDMI (“TV Speakers”*), or HomePods, or HomePod Minis.

You can now connect wireless speakers (bluetooth or AirPlay) in two ways. Once connected, you can do the Wireless Audio Sync procedure, if needed.

1. Connect in Settings﹥Video and Audio﹥Audio Output﹥ᴛᴇᴍᴘᴏʀᴀʀʏ…
  2. Connect in Control Center﹥Audio Controls

Sep 23, 2021 10:32 PM in response to csabafrom

I have the same issue. On my back deck, I have TV connected to a ATV 4 (A1625). With tvOS14, I had the audio default go to an Airplay Yamaha receiver that drove speakers on the deck. The TV speakers are off.

It was perfect - I turned on the TV with the Apple remote and everything just worked.

With the update, now I don’t have the option to select the default audio output to my Airplay receiver. I can select the Airplay receiver as a temporary option but it doesn’t appear as an option on the default audio output. On top of that, everything is out of sync.

The wireless audio sync does not work because it seems to want the audio signal to default the sound to the TV speakers and not to the temporary audio selection so I can’t adjust the audio sync.

Apple tv audio sync

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.