Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri has stopped sending emails

I have an older iPhone (6S) running on iOS 14.5.1 (will be updating to 14.8 in the next day or two). Within the last day or two the phone stopped being able to send emails using the "hey SIRI" function. I get a screen message saying "Sorry I can't help with that (Open mail app)". Like I said until a couple of days ago I, literally, always used this function!

SIRI still does work for sending/reading messages, sending notes, and setting reminders. My email still works from manually opening the mail app, composing, and sending.

I have tried the old, turn off the iPhone, and turn it back on. But that didn't solve the issue. I haven't changed any of my iPhone settings.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Keith S

iPhone 6s, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 21, 2021 5:21 PM

7 replies

Sep 22, 2021 12:18 PM in response to chiefkeith

Hi chiefkeith,

Thank you for participating in the Apple Support Communities. We understand you're unable to send emails using Siri, and we'd like to assist. You mentioned you'll be updating soon. If Siri is working properly for all other functions, then updating would be the next best step to see if the issue persists.

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Take care.

Siri has stopped sending emails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.