Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

during setup, the 'sign in with your appleid' screen is non-funcional

I have Big Sur 11.6 (20G165) on a M1 mini.

Every time it updates I am asked to sign in with my Apple ID on the screen shown below. This has happened exactly the same the first time I powered this device on, and for the last 3 or 4 system updates.

None of the screen is clickable. I can't click anything on the menu bar (e.g. wifi or clock icons). I can't hit any combination of keys to enable the 'Required' box. I certainly can't type anything. None of the keyboards function keys do anything while this screen is visible.

If I press 'Set up later' it goes to a screen asking if I want to skip. It doesn't matter what I press, it comes back to the screen shown above on the first click.

I then have to press 'Set up later' a SECOND time, and then the text disappears and a spinning icon appears in place of the 'set up later' text, spins for a minute or so, then the OS loads and shows me the regular login screen (albeit at 1920x1080 resolution, instead of the native 4K resolution - but that's just the 2021 mac mini and its buggy hardware).

After I sign in, AppleID works as normal.

Has anybody else experienced the same?

Mac mini, macOS 11.5

Posted on Sep 21, 2021 5:32 PM

There are no replies.

during setup, the 'sign in with your appleid' screen is non-funcional

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.