Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I found Malware on my Macbook Pro called dim.exe

I recently have noticed my computer is running much slower and that I found some weird programs running in the background. I also am receiving pop-ups every month that all of the accounts I have used on my Macbook have been compromised and I need to change the password immediately. That has happened a total of 6 times now since February. I did some research and it says that it is some type of malware, but the only program I could find to extract it was not compatible with Mac OS operating system. They recommended I use Comodo Cleaning Essentials (CCE) with steps to help me clean my computer. I was wondering if anyone knew what else could help because I am a Youtuber as a career and I feel as if my privacy is being breached. Please, any help would be grateful!!

Posted on Sep 21, 2021 7:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 21, 2021 7:28 PM

AlwaysHacked247 Said:

"I found Malware on my Macbook Pro called dim.exe"

-------

Scan your Mac for Malware: 

Use MalwareBytes for Mac --- This is software that searches for malware/adware. So, scan with it and then remove what is found. Once removed, uninstall MalwareBytes for Mac. Then restart the Mac.

Downloads:

1. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac
  2. Malwarebytes Uninstaller

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 21, 2021 7:28 PM in response to AlwaysHacked247

AlwaysHacked247 Said:

"I found Malware on my Macbook Pro called dim.exe"

-------

Scan your Mac for Malware: 

Use MalwareBytes for Mac --- This is software that searches for malware/adware. So, scan with it and then remove what is found. Once removed, uninstall MalwareBytes for Mac. Then restart the Mac.

Downloads:

1. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac
  2. Malwarebytes Uninstaller

I found Malware on my Macbook Pro called dim.exe

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.