Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Location services/ significant locations

Why can’t I view my summary in significant locations where it shows how many records I have? I want to look at my previous locations and the only thing I can click on is my recents which only shows two things and nothing more…

Posted on Sep 22, 2021 12:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2021 5:17 AM

I rely on my significant location history to invoice my clients for time spent. This update is not the first time that I’ve had issues with my location tracking. It is clear that the data is there, but like others have said, only a summary and the most recent four, and even on those 4 I cannot pull any detailed info as to the time I was actually there.

This is an imperative function for business owners and independent contractors who bill for hourly work.

103 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 14, 2021 5:17 AM in response to ovianna

I rely on my significant location history to invoice my clients for time spent. This update is not the first time that I’ve had issues with my location tracking. It is clear that the data is there, but like others have said, only a summary and the most recent four, and even on those 4 I cannot pull any detailed info as to the time I was actually there.

This is an imperative function for business owners and independent contractors who bill for hourly work.

Mar 6, 2022 1:35 AM in response to ovianna

I have found a way around this, you can not see the whole records in one report, but if manually change your date on your phone to the date of locations you want to see, your significant locations will show the locations of that date. You will also need to change the time, I found that if I wanted to view report from 3pm I had to put the date to around 7pm for it to appear, and earlier ones may disappear as it only shows a couple at a time. But have a mess around with the date and times and you’ll be able to piece together a whole log of the locations. Hope this works, this is the closest I’ve found and most simple.

Jan 11, 2022 8:23 AM in response to ovianna

I talked to the Apple Support Team and the issue is well known! They asked me to leave a feedback on their website

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT203033

(at the end of the page, where they ask if the page was helpful, klick “NO“ and leave a comment)

The more feedback they receive, the higher will be the ranking to prioritize the debugging of the software.

Oct 20, 2021 10:18 PM in response to home162

My husband cheated on me and all I can see is a summary of his locations. He’s too stupid to know about this feature. I’m LIVID that all the sudden this has changed. SERIOUSLY??!! It’s time to get rid of Apple.

Btw sorry it’s causing issues in your relationship. Seriously. I know how stressful it is.

Sep 23, 2021 11:58 PM in response to Alisha7804

So what I ended up doing was having apple support help me out. It’s a process… but I’m hoping it’ll solve this issue. Apple said this shouldnt be happening. But for now you can try to turn off your locations, restart phone, turn it back on, and turn your locations back on to see if anything’s changed? Or maybe even resetting you location and privacy settings in the general area. If these options don’t work I would suggest having apple run a diagnostics to further assist issue. I’ll let you know if anything happens on my end… looks as though I lost the data somehow :/ pretty bummed because I needed to view my previous locations

Dec 15, 2021 8:12 AM in response to Marc Marshall

It's not entirely "on-device". Like only in the iPhone. It's in Icloud. I can go on my mac and go to

• Security & Privacy
  • unlock
  • click on Location Services
  • click on System Services "Details"
  • check Significant Locations box
  • click on Details

up pops a map and a list of locations. mine seems to lag about a week behind. Applecare told me that the info is in the mac system but not accessible in the i0s15 phone/ipad

Sep 30, 2021 9:49 PM in response to ovianna

I have the same problem since the upgrade to IOS15 on my iPhone 12 Pro. It shows in the summary that I have 160 records up to 30 Sep 21, but I can no longer access the details of each location. Like others here, I use the details of my significant locations to see when I've arrived and left work sites, so that I can invoice customers. Apple, please make this work the way it did in previous versions of IOS.

Oct 3, 2021 2:08 AM in response to ovianna

Glad to see I'm not the only one who uses this feature for business tracking purposes, although not so glad to see that there's no easy workaround.

Has anyone tried this suggestion of turning off location tracking, rebooting, the turning it back on? That certainly sounds like it will delete all existing records, which would rather defeat the point if there were records I wanted to be able to look at, so I'm reluctant to even try it.

For what it's worth, this data not being accessible goes beyond just being loss of a very useful feature for those of us who are bad at time tracking for work; the fact that there is fairly sensitive data being stored that is completely inaccessible to the user is fundamentally problematic.

Oct 3, 2021 5:47 AM in response to ovianna

So actually, I’ve been having apple support help me with this issue. The Very last thing they let me know was to make sure my backup was updated and then to install the new version of update… and restarting my phone and I was feeling 50/50. But after I did all the steps it seems it still wasn’t working. It may work with others but as I’m aware sounds pointless to do.

Location services/ significant locations

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.