Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My wife's ipad is unusable. How can she login on my ipad and access all her stuff?

My wife's ipad is unusable. It works but the screen has the usual lines down the screen fault. How can she login on my ipad and access all her stuff?

iPad, iOS 10

Posted on Sep 22, 2021 1:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2021 3:17 AM

iPad is principally a single-user device.

Unlike PC and Mac, with which you may be familiar, iOS/iPadOS does not support multiple user profiles. Whilst it is possible to sign-out from individual iCloud and other Apple Services (such as Messages and FaceTime), attempting to use an iPad or iPhone in this manner risks inadvertent sharing or merging of personal or sensitive information - and may even lead to account lockout.

Your Wife’s iPad will likely need to be repaired or replaced - and in both cases you will be reliant upon a pre-existing iCloud or iTunes backup from which to restore data to the repaired or replacement device. In the interim, if synchronised with iCloud, some data may be immediately accessible from a web browser:

https://icloud.apple.com

Depending upon the age of the iPad, repair may be uneconomic. An out-of-warranty repair will typically cost c.60% of the “as new” price of the device being repaired - as such, replacement with a more recent iPad may be economically prudent in gaining a device that is both fully supported by current and foreseeable future software updates - and a warranty.

More details about repairs can be found here:

iPad Repair - Official Apple Support

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 22, 2021 3:17 AM in response to mirrabucca

iPad is principally a single-user device.

Unlike PC and Mac, with which you may be familiar, iOS/iPadOS does not support multiple user profiles. Whilst it is possible to sign-out from individual iCloud and other Apple Services (such as Messages and FaceTime), attempting to use an iPad or iPhone in this manner risks inadvertent sharing or merging of personal or sensitive information - and may even lead to account lockout.

Your Wife’s iPad will likely need to be repaired or replaced - and in both cases you will be reliant upon a pre-existing iCloud or iTunes backup from which to restore data to the repaired or replacement device. In the interim, if synchronised with iCloud, some data may be immediately accessible from a web browser:

https://icloud.apple.com

Depending upon the age of the iPad, repair may be uneconomic. An out-of-warranty repair will typically cost c.60% of the “as new” price of the device being repaired - as such, replacement with a more recent iPad may be economically prudent in gaining a device that is both fully supported by current and foreseeable future software updates - and a warranty.

More details about repairs can be found here:

iPad Repair - Official Apple Support

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

My wife's ipad is unusable. How can she login on my ipad and access all her stuff?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.