Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Grandson purchased app via Purchase Sharing

This morning an invoice popped in detailing my grandson's purchase of a subscription to YouTube Premium!

I like to think of myself as an experienced Apple customer but I had missed this purchasing element when setting up family members with Apple Music.

I have now asked for a refund and deleted my grandson from the family group.

There doesn't seem to be a way to offer individual members of the group a purchasing option like my wife and grandmother.

Happily they can all still access Apple Music.

Can an experienced user clarify the position?

Is Purchase Sharing 'On' by default when signing up family members to apps like Apple Music?

Can individual family members be permitted to purchase?

In Purchase Sharing it says that any apps or perhaps music/films previously bought using my card will no longer be accessible to the original user. This is why I want to allow my wife to purchase - she doesn't want to lose any items in her music or video libraries.

This must catch out a lot of people!

Posted on Sep 22, 2021 2:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2021 7:17 AM

Walter,

You can keep him in the Family Sharing group but require that he get permission before making a purchase. Set up "Ask To Buy" per the steps in here:

Approve what kids buy with Ask to Buy - Apple Support

Similar questions

3 replies

Grandson purchased app via Purchase Sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.