Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have some questions here that were not explained about family share...??

1) On Family share if one has apple music under their account paid for with their credit card, does the apple music get to be enjoyed by the family? What about payment for this? Sounds like payments HAVE TO BE through the organizer which means to cancel and signup again through the organizer!

2) Is it possible that a member say other parent or adult can pay for something (app, movie, whatever etc.) It sounds like payments can ONLY be done by the organizer. Did apple think about this clearly? Why not have an "authorized" organizer who can also make purchases or decisions? Real-world families don't work just relying on one organizer all the time.

3) What if I'm not the organizer and I have some itunes credit in my account can I use that for stuff? Sounds like ONLY the organizer can make purchases so how would this work?

4) Do old purchases such as apps or subscriptions get shared with everyone? Sounds like yes but maybe not. If I'm the organizer and I paid for "Pro" version of an app/service now does everyone in the family plan get that benefit too or no?

Posted on Dec 19, 2019 10:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 19, 2019 10:37 AM

For number 1, see if anything here helps.

Apple Music Family subscription

For number 2, buy/redeem iTunes Gift cards to the account. Charges will be deducted from the account balance before the organizer's credit card is charged.

App Store & iTunes Gift Cards by Email

Gift cards redeem

Gift Card - can’t redeem

For number 3, charges will be deducted from the account balance before the organizer's credit card is charged.

For number 4, most purchases get shared. There may be some apps that have a single ID license and a family license. If they have a family license, that version needs to be purchased to share the app/service.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 19, 2019 10:37 AM in response to ItsMeLin

For number 1, see if anything here helps.

Apple Music Family subscription

For number 2, buy/redeem iTunes Gift cards to the account. Charges will be deducted from the account balance before the organizer's credit card is charged.

App Store & iTunes Gift Cards by Email

Gift cards redeem

Gift Card - can’t redeem

For number 3, charges will be deducted from the account balance before the organizer's credit card is charged.

For number 4, most purchases get shared. There may be some apps that have a single ID license and a family license. If they have a family license, that version needs to be purchased to share the app/service.

I have some questions here that were not explained about family share...??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.