Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad OS Update issues

For a while now my iPad keeps showing there is an update available (which I believe is true, as my phone has had two recent updates). However, when I try to do the update, it always fails. It has gone as far in the process as "preparing to install" as well as "installing".

But, in the end it always fails.

Thoughts?

I plug it into my iMac, but for the most part it doesn't show up properly.

Shows in the sidebar, but in the main window it's just "loading".

It did show up once, and said "iPad up to date"....

I've been thinking of just resetting it, but it would be nice if it actually showed up on the iMac first.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on Sep 22, 2021 5:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2021 2:29 AM

If iPadOS15.1 has been downloaded, your iPad is enrolled in one of Apple’s beta programmes. The Terms Of Use that govern participation within these Support Communities precludes discussion of beta release software or any issues encountered.

We are limited here is being able to provide assistance in returning your iPad to the current production software release.

This support page provides the necessary information to remove the beta from your iPad:

How to uninstall iOS beta software - Apple Support

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 23, 2021 2:29 AM in response to RaimondJohansson

If iPadOS15.1 has been downloaded, your iPad is enrolled in one of Apple’s beta programmes. The Terms Of Use that govern participation within these Support Communities precludes discussion of beta release software or any issues encountered.

We are limited here is being able to provide assistance in returning your iPad to the current production software release.

This support page provides the necessary information to remove the beta from your iPad:

How to uninstall iOS beta software - Apple Support

Sep 22, 2021 5:56 AM in response to RaimondJohansson

The official Apole released version of iOS 15 came out on Monday September 20.

You can choose to stay on the beta versions OR if you want your iPad to be on the official release, and have to wait for later official, iPadOS updates, you would need to search online on how to remove a beta to get your iPad onto the officially released versions.

Part of getting on the officially released versions of iPadOS 15, involves backing up your device, wiping your iPad clean, starting your iPad as a new device and let install the official iPadOS 15 version and attempt to restore from backup.

You need to look up the exact procedures to do this online.

I have no clue.

I believe the backup needs to be one made before you started running the developer or public beta.

I am not sure if restoring from a backup made from a developer or public beta will work, or not, once your iPad is running the official version of iPadOS 15.

You have the option of just staying on the developer or public beta, I believe, though.

You will need to search online to get your answers and proper procedures for installing the official release of iPadOS 15.

One of the procedures WILL be to completely wipe the device and start as a new device.

I do not ever get involved with beta software, but seen videos on YouTube that have describe the transition from beta software to official release from past iOS/iPadOS developer/public versions.

Best of Luck to You!

Sep 23, 2021 4:52 AM in response to LotusPilot

I believe I may have found the "issue".....

Prior to the reset my iPad was displaying available storage space as +50GB.

After the reset it is now showing that it's almost out of room.

Admittedly, while I thought all that available space seemed unusual, it didn't click.

So, it seems it may be an issue of space.

I'll get it cleaned up and see if that solves the issue...

iPad OS Update issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.