Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No notification when receiving an email.

Hello,

Since updated to iOS 15 I there is no notification sound when I receive an email.

I searched in the settings but the issue remains.

Any help would be more than welcome.

Thank you

iPhone 11 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Sep 22, 2021 5:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2021 4:19 PM

None of this helps My iPhone 8+ post upgrading to iOs 15.1 no longer emits a notification sound for incoming emails. Quite frustrating & annoying. Yes all setups are in place & have been checked more than once & I have hard rebooted several times. No joy. When is Apple going to fix this obvious software glitch???

5 replies

Sep 23, 2021 11:29 AM in response to PanagiotisTzamouranis

Hello PanagiotisTzamouranis,

We understand that you're running into trouble with notification sounds not coming through with new emails. Were you able to confirm the Mail notifications are set up properly, per these steps? Use notifications on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Also, under the header "Manage notifications", it shows how to mute notifications. So be sure Mail is not muted as well.

Thanks!

Nov 3, 2021 10:21 AM in response to PanagiotisTzamouranis

Following the ios15 update both people in our house found that the notification for incoming emails was switched off on both our iPads and iPhones. This would seem to be the result of the recent update as we have not made any change to our notifications ourselves and prior to the update notifications were working perfectly.

We hope this might be helpful to others.

No notification when receiving an email.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.