Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sound email notification

iPhone 11 Pro Max, after upgrading to iOS 15 I lost the email sound notifications. On an incoming email. I also upgraded to the latest fix and it still does not work. It does make a sound when I send an email, just not receiving one. Turning Bluetooth off did absolutely nothing, no change.

Any help??

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Oct 3, 2021 2:15 PM

7 replies

Oct 4, 2021 3:17 PM in response to GaryJG

GaryJG,

We appreciate you providing us with those details.

To help us get a better understanding of the issue, we’d like to ask a few more questions.

1. Do you use multiple email accounts with the Mail app? If so, do you experience the same behavior with all accounts?
  2. Since you mentioned that this began after updating to iOS 15, can you let us know if you have a Focus set up, or if notifications were previously muted? More about that here: Use notifications on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
  3. Since experiencing this behavior, has your device been restarted? If so, does restarting correct the issue temporarily? Restart your iPhone

Take care!

Oct 4, 2021 2:08 PM in response to GaryJG

Hello GaryJG,

We understand that you're not getting sound notifications when you receive an email, and we'd like to check into this with you.

Just to confirm, are you using the Apple Mail app? Do you receive sound notifications for other apps without an issue?

If you go to Settings > Notifications > Mail > Sounds, is an alert tone or ringtone selected there?

You can also find some good information about managing notifications here: Change notification settings on iPhone

If you go to Settings > Sounds & Haptics > New Mail, is that set to "None" at this time? Change iPhone sounds and vibrations

Thanks!

Oct 4, 2021 2:14 PM in response to Brittany1416

Yes using the apple mail app.

it worked before I installed iOS 15 and still not working on 15.1

yes there is a sound selected & I’ve tried different sounds just in case

I’ve tried it different ways 8 times.

SO now I reaching out as to why when I installed 15 it failed to notify.

again ONLY on incoming mail, if I send an email I hear the sound that I’ve selected for an outgoing mail.

Sound email notification

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.