Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos shows wrong library.

When my wife opens Photos on her Macbook it shows all the photos from my library. But she is logged in with her own Icloud account. How does this work? And where can I choose the library Photos reads from?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 22, 2021 7:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2021 8:45 AM

To select the library tom be opened in Photos hold down the options key ⌥ while launching Photos. Release the ⌥key, when you see the library chooser dialog , then select the library you want to open.

If your wife does not yet have an own Photos library and wants to see her iCloud Photos Library, she could select to create a new library, when the Library Chooser dialog appears. Then she should make this library her System Photos lIbrary in the Photos > Preferences > General, and then her iCloud Photos Library in "Photos > Preferences > iCloud". Now there Photos from her own iCloud Photos Library should download to the empty Library, if she is signed into iCloud with her own ApppleID.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 22, 2021 8:45 AM in response to Philipbrink

To select the library tom be opened in Photos hold down the options key ⌥ while launching Photos. Release the ⌥key, when you see the library chooser dialog , then select the library you want to open.

If your wife does not yet have an own Photos library and wants to see her iCloud Photos Library, she could select to create a new library, when the Library Chooser dialog appears. Then she should make this library her System Photos lIbrary in the Photos > Preferences > General, and then her iCloud Photos Library in "Photos > Preferences > iCloud". Now there Photos from her own iCloud Photos Library should download to the empty Library, if she is signed into iCloud with her own ApppleID.

Photos shows wrong library.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.