Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

photos on my mac does not show shared library

I have a macOS High Sierra running v 10.13.6

I recently signed up to iCloud for family sharing of our photos and that is working great on our iPhones. But I would like to see the photos in the Shared Library on the Mac.

At the moment the options to see the iCloud Shared Library I see in the linked support article are not showing for me....

Is my MAC too old ? Or can I update to later version of the OS to get these features on my MAC ?

How to use iCloud Shared Photo Library – Apple Support (AU)

Any help appreciated...

iMac

Posted on Jan 27, 2023 11:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 28, 2023 12:26 AM

It will depend on the model of your Mac, if it can be upgraded to Ventura.

Here is a list of compatible models: macOS Ventura is compatible with these computers - Apple Support

If your Mac is compatible, see this page: How to upgrade to macOS Ventura - Apple Support

If you cannot upgrade your Mac, you have to keep duplicates of the photos from your shared library in your personal photos library. Or check, if you can access your shared library online, at www.icloud.com in the Photos.app on this page.

I am duplicating all photos I am sharing to the Shared library, so a copy will remain in my personal iCloud Photos Library and I can see them on my Macs with macOS 10.14 Mojave.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 28, 2023 12:26 AM in response to lisamscotta

It will depend on the model of your Mac, if it can be upgraded to Ventura.

Here is a list of compatible models: macOS Ventura is compatible with these computers - Apple Support

If your Mac is compatible, see this page: How to upgrade to macOS Ventura - Apple Support

If you cannot upgrade your Mac, you have to keep duplicates of the photos from your shared library in your personal photos library. Or check, if you can access your shared library online, at www.icloud.com in the Photos.app on this page.

I am duplicating all photos I am sharing to the Shared library, so a copy will remain in my personal iCloud Photos Library and I can see them on my Macs with macOS 10.14 Mojave.

photos on my mac does not show shared library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.