Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie shortcut

Am editing a very long movie with thousands of pics and videos. Problem when I cut a clip near the end and want to paste near the beginning - it takes forever to scroll back to paste one clip. I tried the forward slash shortcut (\) but it takes me to the movie beginning and starts to play - so cannot paste the clip. Is there an easier way to cut a clip and quickly paste in much farther away

?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 22, 2021 8:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2021 8:23 AM

Press the slash shortcut and then immediately press the K key to stop the play. That will get you back to the beginning of the movie. Then you can cut and paste your clip there or nearby.

Or, you can swipe the timeline left or right to get to other places on the timeline quickly. There's also a slider bar below the timeline that you can use to move around the timeline. Best first to use the slider above and to the right of the timeline to contract your timeline to as small as it will get.

-- Rich

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 22, 2021 8:23 AM in response to studiobob2021

Press the slash shortcut and then immediately press the K key to stop the play. That will get you back to the beginning of the movie. Then you can cut and paste your clip there or nearby.

Or, you can swipe the timeline left or right to get to other places on the timeline quickly. There's also a slider bar below the timeline that you can use to move around the timeline. Best first to use the slider above and to the right of the timeline to contract your timeline to as small as it will get.

-- Rich

iMovie shortcut

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.