Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do I have a faulty charger, battery or charging port?

Hello. I've recently bought a brand new xr. Like 3 months ago. The store I bought it from did not give me everything in a box. Instead, they gave me the phone, with a charger and earphones. Recently, I've noticed that when I plug my phone in overnight, it stopped charging during the night, but when I plug it in again, it charges properly, and even faster. The charger I have isn't apple certified. I realized a short while ago.

I also tried my same charger in my first gen SE and it works without hiccup. I don't believe the port is the problem because there isn't any sign of damage or dirt, and it does pop up that my phone is charging. I even tried wiggling the cord in it, and it isn't loose. Nor does it drop the connection. My battery health is at 100%. I have no problems with battery life. I tried another charger which isn't certified either and my phone said something like I needed to unlock the phone to choose an action or something.

Anyways, I'd really appreciate any feedback where this issue is concerned. Thank you in advance.

Posted on Sep 22, 2021 8:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2021 3:31 PM

Hello,

It seems like that Optimized Battery Charging is active. It can be turned off. See this:

About Optimized Battery Charging on your iPhone

Good luck.

Similar questions

5 replies

Do I have a faulty charger, battery or charging port?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.