Which needs repair: my battery or charging port?

I have an iPhone 11 phone. Recently I have been having problems keeping the phone charging even while connected to a charger. The only way to keep it charging is to angle the charger upwards or prop the phone up. I’ve bought multiple rapid charging chargers and have noticed only the more expensive ones ($22) work. And even so, I notice it stops charging every now and then (even when it’s untouched), until I reposition the charger.

The port itself is very loose and the battery dies pretty fast compared to what it used to be like.

Anyway, is it my battery or the charging port? Maybe I need to replace both, BUT please give me a solution that’ll resolve the immediate issue which is to be able to charge the phone without having to constantly fiddle with the charger and charging port. Thank you so much!

Edit: it’s very annoying because I got stranded a few times because the phone doesn’t charge fast enough, doesn’t retain its charge long enough, and the charger doesn’t charge consistently without needing to be repositioned every five seconds.

iPhone 11

Posted on Jun 21, 2023 4:31 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Which needs repair: my battery or charging port?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.