Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6S battery and charging port replacement

My iphone thinks the battery is ot charging properly and I have also found that the charging/lightning port doesn't always work (doesn't help that some cables have shorter connector!). I have cleaned out the port but it is still erratic in its performance.

I know apple can replace the battery at a charge but do they also replace the lightning port? I've seen various videos and ad that suppliy replacement parts and give instructions on how to do it but I'd rather use Apple to do the repair.

iPhone 6s

Posted on Jan 11, 2021 12:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2021 12:24 PM

Apple will change the battery, but I doubt that they will repair the Lightning port. Instead, expect that they will offer you the option to purchase a new phone. (As you most likely suspected.)

The issue is, whether or not, it is worth repairing this phone. Of course, that's totally up to you. Just be aware that any non-Apple repair shop will not have access to genuine Apple parts and, that in themselves, will pose an additional risk.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 11, 2021 12:24 PM in response to Javashak

Apple will change the battery, but I doubt that they will repair the Lightning port. Instead, expect that they will offer you the option to purchase a new phone. (As you most likely suspected.)

The issue is, whether or not, it is worth repairing this phone. Of course, that's totally up to you. Just be aware that any non-Apple repair shop will not have access to genuine Apple parts and, that in themselves, will pose an additional risk.

Jan 11, 2021 11:42 PM in response to Tesserax

Thanks for your reply. As you say, I kind of expected that. It's a shame as there is nothing wrong with the phone - apart from the battery and lightning port. Considering the cost of a new phone, if a third party repair isn't too expensive then it may be worth the risk. Oh well I may as well start saving my pennies. I may have enough by the time the iPhone 20 or should that be XX comes out :)

iPhone 6S battery and charging port replacement

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.