Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will I be able to sync my music library to iCloud if I don't subscribe to Apple Music or Apple Match?

If I don't want to pay to subscribe to Apple Music or Apple music Match, can I use iCloud to back up my mac computer music folder?

iMac 27″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Sep 22, 2021 9:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2021 3:58 PM

Hey Arandel,

It sounds like you have questions about iCloud Music Library. We can understand wanting to look into that further. We want to help.

An Apple Music or iTunes Match subscription would be required to sync music via iCloud. It would not be possible to back up music to iCloud.

You can learn more about that here: Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music

Thanks!

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 23, 2021 3:58 PM in response to Arandel

Hey Arandel,

It sounds like you have questions about iCloud Music Library. We can understand wanting to look into that further. We want to help.

An Apple Music or iTunes Match subscription would be required to sync music via iCloud. It would not be possible to back up music to iCloud.

You can learn more about that here: Turn on Sync Library with Apple Music

Thanks!

Will I be able to sync my music library to iCloud if I don't subscribe to Apple Music or Apple Match?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.