Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music App

I have spent hours reading threads with no luck. I cannot drag and drop or find anyway to move an MP Music file from the "music folder", in finder to my apple Music folders. The song is highlighted in red when I drag and drop. The folder I try to drop it in is highlighted in red. No error message of any type comes up saying it cannot be done.

I have apple music preferences set to Manually manage music.

I see others have had issues with this but cannot see any responses to explain or resolve.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Sep 22, 2021 12:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2021 2:01 PM

You would probably get a better response if you posted this question in the Music on Mac forum. What version of Mac OIS are you running? Have you tried this procedure:

Import music from a computer to Music on Mac - Apple Support

(besides drag & drop)?

Similar questions

3 replies

Sep 22, 2021 2:21 PM in response to javaliga

That does not work. I click on song yo import. It is highlighted in red. Open button is red. Click on it and nothing happens.

Using Big Sur 11.5.2

So it is up to date.

Drag and drop does not work. I have seen many posts suggesting Apple did this on purpose. Making it hard to navigate and use your own old library of songs. I have plenty of music not found on Apple Music and Spotify.

Oct 10, 2021 11:43 AM in response to Mymusic57

Finally I found a post with the problem I'm having. I have a lot of songs in my music media folder, some of the songs for some reason are not on my apple music app. So I tried to drag and drop them from my music media folder into the Apple music app like I did many times before on Catalina, but it doesn't work anymore. I'm running Big Sur 11.6. I almost get the feeling that Apple disabled this function so that you have to subscript to their music app and not allow to use you old MP3 music from your old PC or external drive.

If somebody knows how to fix this problem I would really appreciate it.

Apple Music App

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.