Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone won't let me watch YouTube on Safari

How can I watch YouTube on safari when it won’t let me

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone SE, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 22, 2021 1:37 PM

3 replies

Sep 23, 2021 5:09 PM in response to Lxbdifjr

Hello Lxbdifjr,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand that you are unable to watch YouTube using Safari on your Mac. We are happy to help.

Have you ever been able to watch YouTube using Safari? If so, when did it stop working as expected? What is the exact error message, if any, you receive? Which macOS version is installed on your Mac? Have you made any recent changes to your Mac? These answers will allow us to isolate the cause and get on a path to a resolution.

If you haven’t done so, we recommend using the steps here to clear your browsing history: Clear your browsing history in Safari on Mac - Apple Support

We also recommend using the steps here in section titled “Restart” to restart your Mac: Log out, sleep, wake, restart, or shut down your Mac - Apple Support

Let us know the results.

Take care.

Sep 25, 2021 3:08 PM in response to Lxbdifjr

Hello Lxbdifjr,

Have you ever been able to watch YouTube videos using Safari previously? If so, when did it stop working?

Please use the steps here to clear Safari history: Clear the history and cookies from Safari on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

We also recommend using the steps here to restart your iPhone: Restart your iPhone - Apple Support Once your iPhone has fully restarted, are you able to watch YouTube using Safari?

Apple has recently released an iOS update. If you haven’t done so, we recommend backing up your content and updating using the steps here: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Let us know the results.

Take care.

iPhone won't let me watch YouTube on Safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.